Monday, August 9, 2010

Da Kitchen

425 KOLOA ST
Kahului, Hawaii

Okay so this was from when I went back to Maui last month. This is one of those "must eat at when I am home" places. Their portions are amazingly huge and the food is ono. Can't go wrong there.

Katsu Moco - My ultimate favorite local food is loco moco. This is a step above. It's a full loco moco PLUS a chicken katsu! If that weren't enough, it is served on a ton of fried rice. How could I pass this up? I couldn't, but I also could not finish. That is rare for me. It was so good but they just give so much I had to take leftovers. So again, it was fried rice, topped with a delicious hamburger, chicken katsu, fried egg, sauteed mushroom/onions and a yummy brown gravy. I was definitely in hog heaven.

Korean Chicken - my mom and grandma love getting this here and at Zippy's. Although my grandma makes it better than both places, it was pretty durn good. My mom had her hands full with this one. I think they put like 3 whole breasts or something like that. She didn't even make a dent on her plate. I had to help her but I had my hands (or mouth) full with my own meal. So this ended up in the to go container as well. Someone ate well the next day...

I was headed on the plane so my mom took home two full boxes. I'm pretty sure my uncle was the lucky one. I thought of bringing it on the plane but that would just be so mean to the people around me. Plus I had already picked up something from TJ's market earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment