Monday, September 6, 2010

Por Que No

http://www.porquenotacos.com/
3524 N MISSISSIPPI AVE
4635 SE HAWTHORNE BLVD
Portland, Oregon

Two locations are not enough for one of the best Mexican places in Portland! Luckily one of the locations is pretty close to me, it's open late and has great deals. Tacos are $0.50 off from 3-6pm and Tuesdays 3-close.

Definitely start your meal off with some chips. Chips and salsa or guacamole, you can't go wrong. These chips are perfect! I would go just for the chips, and have a side of chips to go with it. They are fresh, crunchy and salty. They are not to thick or thin but really, perfect. I am not a chip aficionado but they were the first thing that made me really notice this place. These really are perfect chips, which really seems like a simple thing but lots of places don't do it right. I'm not sure what it is but they know what they are doing!

They do several things well besides chips. Their tacos are also pretty amazing. If I am eating meat I go for the carnitas. I don't know if I would say "the best" carnitas but they are definitely very good. Can't go wrong with carne asada as well. They also have bowls, which I guess seem to be one of my favorite things. I definitely prefer bowls to plates and spoons to forks for that matter. Back to their bowls, Bryan's Bowl is where it's at. "Your choice of meat or veggies in a bowl with beans, rice, guacamole, salsas, queso fresco, crema, cilantro & a side of chips or 3 tortillas" all for less than $7. Most items on the menu can be made vegetarian and they have a great selection of beverages, alcoholic and non-. Of course what would Mexican food be without horchata?

No comments:

Post a Comment