Friday, September 17, 2010

Laughing Planet

http://www.laughingplanetcafe.com/
3320 SE BELMONT and other locations
Portland, Oregon

The Laughing Planet has several locations in Portland and one in Eugene. It is everything I look for in a good restaurant, cheap, filling, healthy, and with vegetarian options. I eat here at least once a week and usually get the same thing, the Soylent Green. It is a bowl with a barley-quinoa pilaf, steamed chard and broccoli, tempeh and choice of a sauce. I usually stick with the cilantro pesto. It is amazing, healthy, fresh, invigorating, and pretty cheap.

Another one of my favorites is called Chairman Meow, a pretty simple bowl of brown rice, steamed veggies and either shiitake mushroom or a Thai peanut curry sauce. I always get the curry and top it with tempeh. It is just so fresh tasting and the curry gives it a little kick. They don't skimp on the veggies and it is a great balance of rice to veggies.

Another thing they are famous for is their burritos, or wraps. They have an assortment for all tastes. There is a classic Mexican-style burrito, Southwestern, mole, my favorite Thai-me-up and always a special burrito of the week. Of course we cannot forget sweet treats. They always have an assortment of cookies and a delicious pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment